Human Needs and Services (HUNAS)
Providing emergency assistance to families and individuals who are in desperate need in the Philadelphia region
- All decisions are made by a volunteer committee.
- The HUNAS Committee meets the third week of each month.
- Applications are due on the 15th of the month. Applications received after this date will be placed in the following month’s cycle
- Social workers are notified of decisions within a week of the Committee meeting.
- Please follow the instructions on the application and submit via email. There is no fax to submit the application.
- Please submit your application using the email email@example.com
- Only applications from social workers and clergy will be accepted.
- All ages are accepted.
- The Client must live in the five counties of the Delaware Valley and three counties in Southern New Jersey (Camden, Burlington and Gloucester).
- Household income at or below 250% of the poverty level.
- Clients receive one individual grant in a lifetime. Some exceptions are made. Please contact Marcia Garrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maximum individual grant is $500 which must include tax and delivery charges, if any.
What Hunas Funds
In general, HUNAS funds concrete items that will have a noticeable impact of the life of the individual. HUNAS prefers not to fund expenses that are ongoing such as rent payments, grocery gift cards, electric bills, etc.
Items most frequently requested from HUNAS include beds, furniture, major appliances, air conditioners, car repair, home repair, hearing aids and dental work. If you are unsure if the request fits HUNAS criteria, please email Marcia Garrell at email@example.com